Haus der Kunst
D-80538 München, Deutschland
ma t/m zo 10.00-22.00|
entree € 7,00
Contact: Christoph Vitali (dir)
Started as the Münchner Glaspalast am Alten Botanischen Garten, the place burned down in 1931 and was rebuilt. In 1948 the Haus der Kunst was divided into two galleries.
The west wing became a temporary gallery for art works from museums in Munich which had been destroyed in the war. And since 1980 it has served as a temporary gallery for the Staatsgalerie moderner Kunst (state gallery of modern art).
The middle section and east wing of the building were turned over to the newly organized local artists' groups who merged to create the "Ausstellungsleitung e.V. " (lit.: association of directors of exhibitions). It was their objective and function to organize stimulating thematic exhibitions and retrospectives of modern art in addition to an annual "Grosse Kunstausstellung München" (Munich art show).
The Haus der Kunst grew to become one of the most renowned addresses in the international art world.
Exposities (komt/future nu/now voorbij/past)|